Being able to hear clearly is a vital part of living. It lets people enjoy conversations with loved ones and spend time relaxing with friends. Good hearing can help adults stay safe when driving and remain productive at work.
Surprisingly, even though almost 40 million Americans have trouble hearing, fewer than 20% of the people who could benefit from hearing aids actually use these devices. That means that only one in 5 adults under the age of 70 take advantage of this easy, amazing and life-changing technology.
It seems likely that price could be a factor. Not everyone can afford the most expensive brands. So, how much are hearing aids?
How Much Are Hearing Aids on Average?
There is a considerable range of prices for different types of hearing aids. According to the National Council on Aging, some customized models with the latest features cost as much as $7,500 per pair.
The average cost is $2,000 for a single hearing aid. On average, you would need to spend $4,000 to $6,000 for a pair. That’s a lot of money! On the plus side, the price sometimes includes the cost of audiologist appointments.
Before you panic, you should also know that there are less expensive hearing aids available. Several high-quality, trustworthy brands provide affordable hearing aid options, ranging from just $99 to $1,000 for a pair.
What Factors Affect the Price of Hearing Aids?
The cost of hearing aids generally depends on the features provided, the brand and the type of hearing aid you prefer:
- Style: There are many options for hearing aids, including in-the-canal (ITC) and completely-in-canal (CIC) models that are virtually invisible.
- New technology: State-of-the-art features, such as artificial intelligence, cost more when first released.
- Audiology services: Bundled prices may include hearing tests, custom fittings, adjustments and cleanings.
- State: Where you live affects the price because of the cost of audiologist appointments.
How Much Are Hearing Aids by Brand?
The total cost of hearing aids varies significantly by brand. Here are several top hearing aid brands in the United States:
- Starkey Evolv AI: $2,800 to 7,500, depending on where you buy.
- Audien Atom Pro: Just $249 per pair.
- Widex Moment: Approximately $2,800 to $4,600 per pair.
- Phonak Naida Paradise P-UP: $2,400 to $7,000 depending on customization factors.
- Oticon More: $3,000 to $7,500 along with local fitting costs.
- Audicus: About $1,000 to $2,800 for a pair.
You don’t need to go with the most expensive option to get great hearing quality, but you should choose a trusted brand.
Why Choose Audien Atom Pro Hearing Aids?
The Audien Atom Pro is a great fit for adults who want freedom. It delivers crisp sound and cutting-edge feedback-canceling features for just $249 a pair. You can choose the services you want and the price point that’s comfortable for your budget.
The Atom Pro also gives you the freedom to enjoy life your way. These hearing aids slide into the ear canal, making them practically disappear. You can feel comfortable whether you’re eating dinner at a restaurant or going shopping.
Find out if the Audien Atom Pro is a good fit for your needs right away. Our team is happy to answer your questions, including about how much are hearing aids and what style is best for your ears.